Hello June!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 |


 

                       I think I can, I think I can …..
 
                                                      finally catch my breath!
 



The month of May has been one of endless projects, obligations, programs and commitments since I began teaching and only intensified when my son began school.  When it rolls around each year I take a deep breath and jump in with both feet.  I know that it is going to be intense, but will also offer many highlights. This year it delivered just as promised and feared :)
June 2013 002
 {love the colors for spring}

 
June 2013 008
{a few of the baskets}

A good friend of mine was celebrated at school for her many talents and dedication.  I was asked to do the center pieces. I filled moss baskets with seasonal fresh flowers.  The baskets offered a bright pop of color on a very cold spring day.  The luncheon was filled with great conversation and an amazing display of girly foods {lots of salads and desserts ~ so yummy!}

 
June 2013 018
{not the best photo but you get the idea}
 
 
In keeping with my Pay It Forward/ Do Unto Others theme this year, I altered a prom dress for a young lady who's family needed some help.  When I was asked, my response of “I’d love to!” slipped out before my brain engaged. I haven’t taken on a project like this in years and I’m more than a little rusty.  Working with satin (ie slippery) material is not my strength. I ripped out many seams more than once before I accomplished the task. When I delivered the gown I added a mani and pedi gift certificate to the package. After all, every princess needs a little pampering before her big night!   In the end, it was me who received the greatest gift. Her mother relayed to me that the young lady was SO excited with her dress that she put it on as soon as it was delivered! She treated her family to a preview of prom night with her hair and makeup in place because they needed the full effect! ;) 

 
June 2013 045

I adore these over sized headbands so I was thrilled to make one for a friend.

PicMonkey Collage

Showering a friend at work wrapped up my fun filled month ~ a true highlight. Kaci is expecting a baby girl in late August. I had sooo much fun shopping for baby girl outfits. Who can resist a ruffled butt or a tutu in teeny tiny sizes?!  As any girly girl knows, you have to have accessories to complete your outfit.  I made a few bows and headbands to match her outfits. So many bows posed the problem of storage. Easily solved!  I made a monogramed bow board.  This was such a fun project for a special baby girl. 

The pace is slowing and I can almost smell summer in the air. I'm looking forward to a summer schedule and tackling a few home projects that I've put off due to lack of time.


As of today, we have 8 days of school left {not that I’m counting ~ ha!} in the school year.  If hurricanes and blizzards hadn’t visited our area we would be out of school … grrrrrr!


Leave A Comment

6 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Oh, wow.. :( Can't believe you're still in school! BOO!! I love that bow headboard! Shelby needs one!
:-)

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Jo...it's no wonder you didn't post much the past couple of months. Holy Moley! You were busy. I LOVE your flower arrangements! And I can't imagine how difficult it was to alter that beautiful dress. And adding the GC for a mani/pedi - so sweet and thoughtful. Good luck with the last days of school!

Karena said...

You are so talented starting with the amazing moss baskets. The prom dress w mani/pedi made that young lady feel so special.
Finally The bow keeper. Astonishing!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
Giveaway from Splendid Sass

Lisa Porter said...

It's always so nice to drop in on a bloggy friend (it's been waaay to long) to find that she is happy, loving life, and is still the reason why you became bloggy friends long ago. What a kind gesture for a dear young lady. You have such Grace Jo.
Only a few more days...
xo Lisa

Lori said...

You are a crafty genius!! The things you've been busy making are all so lovely!! The bow board is SO pretty and that gorgeous flower headband ~ love!!
And how wonderful to help with the prom gown, yay you! I'm sure she was just thrilled with the results and with your generosity!!
Those flowers are GORGEOUS!!
Thanks for stopping by and for all the kind words!!!xx

Kathy said...

Such sweet baby girl gifts. So kind of you to use your time and talents to bless others when I know how busy you are. Love that you gifted a mani/pedi to the teen on top of the lovely job on alterations ~ such a treat for her and such a thoughtful gesture. I'm sure it meant a lot to her.

We need to catch up soon! Hopefully next week when we both can take a breath. Much to share...thinking of you! Have missed our chats.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home