Holiday happenings {late}

Monday, July 15, 2013 |

I'm having battles with my computer and it's winning!

My holiday photos are late but I wanted to get them on my blog for family to see and memories to be held.

We had a great 4th of July! It was relaxing with no pressure and filled with family time and catching up with old friends. 
July 2013 097 1


The day began with a festive overnight french toast bake ~ sooo yummy!

July 2013 100 1 Bentley was happy to oblige with his holiday bow tie. Not so much, he tried to chew it off!
July 2013 110


A blueberry mojito. Cheers!

July 2013 115 1 July 2013 118

Having everyone involved in the kitchen is secretly a favorite of mine. The conversation flows and silliness escapes creating fun
memories.

July 2013 122 July 2013 125 1


The cute pail idea came from none other than Pinterest. I filled them with a few fun goodies, candy, sparklers, and necessary tools for the lobster dinner. I made crab sugar cookies in two different sizes. The larger one on the bottom was dressed in polka dots. These were a cute addition to the table and a great take away.


July 2013 127
July 2013 123

Dinner was New England style ~ lobsters, corn on the cob and a roasted potato and pepper salad.

We had mini fruit pizzas that Morgan and Nicholas made in the pictures above.

July 2013 133 July 2013 134

It was a fabulous being with family and friends. To top all the greatness off, I snuck in a quick afternoon nap ~ pure luxury!


Leave A Comment

6 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Everything looks delish and I love your top! Is that your son's girlfriend?

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Jo ... that French toast looks sooo yummy! Your lobster dinner looks great too! Love the pic of you and your son. He looks a lot like you. Sounds like you are enjoying your summer.

Heidi said...

FABULOUS looking meal! The lobster looks amazing! One big item on my son's summer list is to eat lobster :) Hasn't happened yet. Hope you are loving your summer!

Kathy said...

What a fun table! So glad that you had such a nice holiday. I'd like to be a guest at your dinner table ~ looks wonderful!

Lori said...

I know this is late (just shows you how lame I am about blog reading these days:) but wow does that NE dinner look out-of-this-world delicious!!!!! You are def the hostess with the mostest!
xx

Unknown said...

Happy 4th of July. Congrats oh so excited for you. This is such an honor and your home so deserving. I cannot wait to see you in the next issue.
dining-table

Older Posts Home