Just a Little Giggle ~ Update

Saturday, September 6, 2008 |
I just wanted to let you all know that I received a sweet little bouquet of flowers, and a beautiful handmade card from my little hair critic.
Please understand that one thing I find so endearing (most days) is the true honesty of children. I think it is fabulous that they have their own thoughts, visions and prior knowledge that forms their decisions.
I love to just sit and talk with them about their ideas and how they came up with them. If you just listen to them, you learn SO much!
This little guy was just being honest. He doesn't care for the length of my current hair style. I can accept that. After all, I was the one that asked for his opinion.
Being the fabulous mother that she is, she spoke with her son after school. After their talk, he felt badly because he didn't want to hurt my feelings so he made me the most adorable card and picked out the flowers himself!
I did share with the mother about the child a few years ago who asked me why I wore my pajamas to school! So much for thinking I looked good in my new April Cornell outfit! : )


Leave A Comment

4 comments:

Weeksie50 said...

Aw, don't you love homemade cards and hand picked flowers.

Petunia said...

That is just the cutest!!
I love to see a child being taught manners. :-)

Kristen said...

Now that is a good mom teaching her little guy a sweet lesson. I'm sure he meant nothing mean..but he now knows a bit more about women!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

That was so sweet...and isn't it refreshing when you see a mom taking the care and time to talk with her little gentleman and help him send such a sweet "I'm sorry" to you. She sounds like she's a southern belle!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home