Book Swap

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 |

Just as I was turning the last page of my book, Jennifer decided to host a book exchange. Due to the economy and trying to cut back, she came up with this clever idea. Not only does she have perfect timing, we have similar tastes in reading material.
This was one of the best swaps of all. Jennifer and I simply listed the books we were willing to swap, decided on the number of books, and popped them in the mail. I thought her daughter might need a few new bed times stories so, I added a couple in her package as well.
The best part of all was the price. I received 6 new reads for a mere 5.00 dollars in postage! If you use media postage {only for books, magazines and periodicals} it's SO much cheaper. The Post Office said that it could take up to 2 weeks for delivery but it only took 3 days!
I'm ready for the chilly New England nights snuggled up in a blanket by the fireplace with my new books.
Thanks for hosting Jennifer!


Leave A Comment

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Jo! I would love to get involved in something like that...I usually don't like to spend money on new books. I am a big user of my public library!

Great idea :-)

Suburban Princess said...

I love getting new books!

Jessica Ryan said...

what a great idea!!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

It turned out great didn't it! I'm so glad you got them, I was wondering! Thanks for Lallie's books too, that was so sweet of you.

Have fun reading (that annotated version of Pride and Prejudice is fantastic!)

Cheers!

Draffin Bears said...

What a great idea Jo.
I hope that you have fun snuggling around the fire enjoying your new books.

Hugs
Carolyn

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

A fabulous idea... I'm reading " The Help" by Katheryn Stockett, it's fascinating...lovin it! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

JMW said...

What a great idea! I have some great novels that I've made my way through over the last few months, just sitting next to my bedside table. If anyone is interested, I'll share some titles and see if they're of interest to you.

Lisa Porter said...

What a great idea! I need to read more....it's getting to be that time of year too where the chilliest days seem to disappear with a good read & soft throw in my lap, and gracie at my feet.
lisa

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great idea. I go through books like coffee.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home