Labor{less} Day

Wednesday, September 9, 2009 |
We had a very relaxing weekend to end our summer.
Friday evening my husband and I met up with friends for happy hour. It was nice to catch up and hear what everyone has been up to the past few weeks.
Saturday morning I took many of my tassels and created a display for a cute boutique in Mystic. They are now being sold in two stores ~ keeps me on my toes.
That afternoon we went with friends to the vineyard for a little wine, tasty treats and the most amazing jazz ~ these guys were talented!


The first signs of fall ~ can you see the reddish hint on the shrub above? There were several trees and shrubs that are just beginning to show the change of season.


Sunday afternoon we had lunch at the Country Club. It was a beautiful sunny day but a bit on the chilly side.
I made sure I wore Lilly and white all weekend. My grandmother embedded the "white rule" into my head as a very young child and I just can't get around it ~ sorry :)

Monday I made a few more tassels {below} for my Etsy shop. Later that afternoon we had dinner with our neighbors at one of our favorite clam shacks. They close on Labor Day and we just *had to* fit in one more visit for the season.

Summer is officially over for our family. We are back in school, the nights are cool and the mornings are chilly. I've brought out a few autumn decorations and before I know it, it will be Halloween!

Hope you found time to relax and enjoy the last weekend of summer!







Leave A Comment

14 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend!
Your autumn tassle is beautiful!

annechovie said...

Oh, it must be nice to have some cooler evenings and mornings, Jo. I am looking forward to that down here, although it won't be until November. LOL. XO

LuLu said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend,
LuLu

preppyinnewengland said...

What a nice weekend. Sad to end isn't it? I jsut love summer! It must be that kick back feeling.
Very pretty tassle.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a nice weekend! And the scenery is so beautiful!

XOOX
Jen

Beth Dunn said...

So glad you had a good weekend. It feels like fall today! xoxo

JMW said...

Looks like it was a great weekend - hard to put away the Lilly for the season, isn't it? But, it's fun to start decorating, and dressing, for fall.

Anonymous said...

I love Summer, but am ready for Fall now! Your blog looks great...it's been awhile, I started blogging again and am looking forward to following Bees and Fleur de lis!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sounds like the perfect Labor(less) weekend!!

My Grandmother and Mother were big sticklers with the no white policy as well.....somehow you can never get those voices out of your head!

Hope you are having a good week!

Lisa

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jo,

Sounds like a very lovely weekend
Always nice to have cooler weather after all the hot Summer days.
I hope it goes well for back to school.

Hugs
Carolyn

Melissa Miller said...

Jo what a gorgeous vacation you went on! I adore all your precious new tassels as well.

~Blessings my friend, ~Melissa ;)

Beth Dunn said...

Sounds so fun, love the pics xoxo

Suburban Princess said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway!

Suburban Princess said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home