Sunday Salad

Sunday, August 29, 2010 |
IMG_0713

Grilled Corn and Crab Salad
{adapted from Cooking Light}

4 ears of fresh local corn {any will do but it's in season so support your local farmers}
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup roasted red and yellow peppers, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
2 small english cucumbers
1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1/3 cup capers, drained
1/2 cup green onions {with the green stems} chopped
12 ounces lump crab meat {I used Philips}
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 tbs mayo
2 tbs plain low fat yogurt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground red pepper {use more or less}

Place shucked corn in aluminum foil and place on grill for 15 minutes or until done. Let cool and cut kernels from ears of corn.
Place in a bowl and add the next 8 ingredients ~ ending with the crab.

Combine the lime juice, mayo, yogurt, salt and peppers. Whisk together well and pour over veggie and crab mixture. Gently toss together.

Serve over bed of lettuce.

*The meat I used was found in the refrigerated section of our Commissary. It was lovely big chunks of crab meat.

For this meal I also made a fresh tomato pie that I served on the side. Both recipes made enough for a couple of lunches as well!

IMG_0732

Leave A Comment

16 comments:

Chez Zizi said...

So awesome! I truly love your Sunday Salads. They both look so yummy.
Zizette
www.chezzizi.blogspot.com

French Basketeer.com said...

Looks great, Jo, an unusual combination! btw how long did it take to do all that chop & prep work? I guess I will see when I make the salad! Have a great Sunday....

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Oh my STARS!!! That looks and sounds delicious. I'm printing the recipe right now. It probably won't be a Sunday salad today but I'm thinking it might be a delicious Monday salad...with tomato pie!!! YUM...

Suburban Princess said...

LOL Your comment cracked me up - most people have a love/hate relationship with me :O)

I used Agave instead of sugar which actually made my gelato sugar-free! And a very low glucose index food :O) All that cocoa is super good for us too so I am actually considering it a health food lol!

Rae said...

Super yum!!!

Tessa said...

Looks so good! I bet the crab meat makes it incredible! Will be adding this to my queue of new recipes to try. Now if only I had a few tricks to get by little ones to eat salads I'd be in business.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh YUMMY! This looks delicious! I am definitely trying this one;)!

Enjoy!
Cathy

Jessica Ryan said...

it's 6:12 am... and I am starving from looking at that picture!

JDB said...

Ooooooo, looks delish! Great meal to send off the summer.

Playing Sublimely said...

I always love hearing from you, and oh my goodness...that SALAD!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is a wonderful salad, Jo. I'm relatively new to your blog. I love the food you feature here and will be back often. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

JMW said...

This sounds so good! Love to see what recipe you feature each week.

Privet and Holly said...

Loving all of
the salads AND
of course, that
darling little
puppy, too! It's
still salad weather
here ~ 90's ~ so
this really appeals!
Happy Monday, Jo : )
xx Suzanne

Unknown said...

Keep this delicious salad recipes coming! Grant and I were just lamenting that we are tired of eating big meals...and need to do something lighter. This would have been fabulous for dinner!

xo elizabeth

bevy said...

I have great idea for a new iPad app: photos of YOUR amazing salads! Oh, and if we could get the iPad to create them for me too... That would be divine!

theUngourmet said...

Another gorgeous salad! I love the crab in here!

http://www.blogher.com/frame.php?url=http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2008/05/html-button-tutorial.html

Here is a tutorial for a blog badge if you want to give it a try. :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home