First Snow

Thursday, January 3, 2013 |

There is something so magical about the first real {as in more than just a dusting} snow of the season. 
It's soft white blanket covers all the brown and barren from the final days of fall. So pretty and peaceful!

 The forecast was to have flakes flying by afternoon. I waited ... and waited ... and waited. NOTHING! Just when I was about to give up hope, white fluffy dots began to float from the sky. YAY! Snow brings out the kid in you. After dinner I talked Kevin and boys into a walk through the neighborhood.
  s
 December 2012 046

Bentley wasn't into stopping for pictures. We tried to get him to look at the camera. Nope!

  December 2012 045
Let's get this show on the road people!


December 2012 055

 Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!

December 2012 050December 2012 051

The homes in our subdivision look so pretty dressed up for the holidays. I just wish my photos were better. It's rather difficult to shoot a camera, walk a dog and not slip on the snow and ice. 

December 2012 059

Pretty lights in the window just make it so warm and cozy!

December 2012 043

Heading home to warm up by the fire.

 December 2012 265

Just in case you needed a closeup of these delicious treats from my cookie exchange. They are so yummy.

December 2012 263


Leave A Comment

10 comments:

Lori said...

Okay, I really did NOT need a close up of those yummy cookies! lol
I love that Bentley guy.....he is SO full of personality!:))
Love the snow, you lucky girl...blow some down this way!!

Dee Stephens said...

So pretty! I wish we had gotten some snow!
Those desserts look delish too!

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful post- there is nothing like that first real snowfall to make everything look fresh and beautiful! I love your cookie plate full! xo Diana

Draffin Bears said...

Happy New Year Jo, to you and your family.
Love your pretty snow photos, looks so magical on your dog walk.
Stay warm and best wishes

hugs
Carolyn

Gramspearls said...

HAPPY New Year, Jo. 'The boys' look great! I guess we all got our wish for a White Christmas...I love your hobnail milk glass mugs. I've never seen mugs before. Lovely.

Warmest regards, Kathleen

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

So pretty! We don't get much snow here in the south. I'd love to see some. Those cookies are making me drool!

eastcoastsurfermom said...

I looooove your cookies!!!! They r the yummiest!

Karena said...

Jo I love to see the snow! We are having frigid weather anyway so it may as we snow.

Xoxo
Karena
New 2013 Artists Series

Lori said...

Just checking on, hope all is okay!! Are you still on that crazy train .... I think it's about time that thing comes to a stop! In SC of course. Along with your sewing and embroidery machines. A girls sewing weekend perhaps?!!
Stay warm!xx (It's freezing here too!!)

Brandi said...

So pretty!!! I'm jealous, we never get snow like that!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home