Secret Scarecrow

Monday, October 26, 2009 |
Have you heard of Secret Santa?
This is his laid back cousin, Secret Scarecrow.
Years {and years} ago I taught in a school that had a fabulous staff who enjoyed not only their students, but their colleagues as wells.
We had such a blast together. We would often do things together on the weekends that included our spouses and sometimes even our own children.
Each year we would sign up for Secret Santa partners just before Thanksgiving.
This would insure enough shopping time during our so called time off during the weekend holiday.
We all enjoyed this time but, to be honest it was "one more thing" added to an already hectic and chaotic short few weeks.
The idea of Secret Scarecrow popped into my head one day and I proposed it at one of our meetings. It was accepted and implemented the following fall.
As I've moved through the years, so has my scarecrow idea.

Today was the first day of Secret Scarecrow.
I'm treating my gal to homemade Oatmeal, cranberry and white chocolate chunk cookies. Inside the pumpkin tag is a gift certificate to Starbucks.
Our gift giving began today and will end on Thursday. We try to spend only 10 dollars a day. Friday we will reveal our Secret Scarecrows and enjoy a soup and salad luncheon together in the Teacher's Room.
I actually enjoy this so much more for the simple reason that I have time and I don't feel rushed as I do during the Christmas season.
Give it a try and let me know how it turns out!


Leave A Comment

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jo!! This is such a fabulous idea! And such a great gift you gave out...I'd take a homemade cookie and a SB card anytime and be totally thrilled!!

:) T

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

What a wonderful idea!!! I love anything that involves gift giving and...getting;)!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jo,

That sounds like a great idea.
I agree how stressful Christmas time can be and this would be more relaxed.

Enjoy your week
Hugs
Carolyn

Jessica Ryan said...

I love it!!!

JMW said...

What a great idea!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

What a great idea! So cute and those cookies sound positively scrumptious!

Julie Pishny said...

Yummy cookies - you'll have to share the recipe they sound so good and perfect for Fall weather. xo Julie

A New England Girl said...

What an awesome idea!! I would LOVE to be the recipient of your goodies. Those cookies sound delicious and would go perfectly with a pumpkin spice latte. :)

carolinagirl said...

Yummy treat!!! What a neat idea!

LuLu said...

This is such a great idea. i want to do this with my neighbors.
xo,
LuLu

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love these type of ideas..so fun!!!

sandy toe

annechovie said...

What a brilliant idea, Jo! Your recipient is one lucky woman - how thoughtful and delicious. xo

Melissa Miller said...

What a sweet idea Jo! :)

~*~Happy Halloween!~*~

Unknown said...

That is a great idea! The cookies look delish!

Thanks for visiting me..

xo,

annie

farmhouse wares said...

what a sweet idea.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

This is a fantastic idea Jo! I love it! I will have to remember for next year...and I especially love the oatmeal cookie and Starbucks gift. Yum!
Carrie

The Flying Bee said...

What a great idea! I love it! And those cookies looked delicious!

Have a great week!

xo,
Adrienne

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

This is such a great idea!! Those cookies sounds so good. Can you share the recipe?? I love cranberries and white chocolate!!

Have a great week!

Lisa

Suburban Princess said...

I love this!!! Such a nice treat in the middle of Autumn!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

My mouth is watering looking at all those yummy treats! I can't wait to try the torte recipe.

TFS!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home