Hodge Podge Pasta

Thursday, February 11, 2010 |
Posted by Picasa
What's a gal to do with a variety of leftovers and odds and ends in the refrigerator with no recipe to follow?
Create a masterpiece!

The recipe below is a general idea kinda recipe. Add or subtract what works for you and your family.
This was so good that I was asked to please make it again soon.

4 cups cooked pasta ~ I had left over ziti on hand
2 cups chicken ~ I had leftover baked chicken
1cup frozen artichoke hearts ~ I use Trader Joe's
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
6 cups roughly chopped spinach
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
1/2 cup herbed cream cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 milk
4 garlic cloves sliced
1/2 cup diced onion.

Now comes the hard part ...

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam or other cooking spray. Transfer ingredients to pan and bake for 40 minutes at 350.

Serve to hungry family.

This makes for a fabulous lunch the following day as well

Enjoy :)


Leave A Comment

14 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

i made something like that the other night,
but i alway name these hodge podge dinners
something like, pasta florentine. then every
one thinks it is special. :)

Henley on the Horn said...

Just WOW! I love new recipes! When I print my next cookbook, can I include it & give you credit? I give them as gifts to friends. One day I hope to publish them! I am working on Volume 3.

Audra said...

What a fabulous frugal, cost effective meal! I love it, I am definitely going to serve this to my family.

I do the refrigerator raid and make meals based on left overs, these usually are some of the tastiest dishes created on the spur of the moment.

Thank you for the inspiration.

ttfn...

EntertainingMom said...

that looks and sounds fabulous!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

That looks delicious! Very clever, I would never think to do something like that!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

YUMM!! It looks delicious:)

Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!

xo,

Lisa

CRICKET said...

I think I have all the ingredients...yum!

Viva La Fashion said...

oh, yummy! :D

Felicia said...

Wow your leftovers came together beautifully for a yummy dish.

Hope you have a very Happy Vday :)

Wanda said...

Mmm....yum. That's my kind of cooking. Wonderful hodge podge.

bevysblog said...

You make me feel so much better when I just through stuff in with my chicken and pasta! I never have artichokes, however. I need to stock up on frozen. Didn't know you could be them that way.

Can't go to the store today though! It snowed 6 inches here yesterday! We aren't quite sure what to do... ha ha!

Rene said...

This looks yummy and similar to something I made tonight for dinner (pretty sure yours looks better though). Trying to get those swimmers ready for the meet tomorrow with pasta :)

It was great to hear that you were a swimmer...such a great sport for kids.

A Town and Country Life said...

Sounds yummy.
:-)

pink green & southern said...

Oh boy this sounds yum-ee! Just up my alley--I must make this!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home