Super fun!

Monday, February 8, 2010 |
Posted by Picasa
This evening we went to our friends annual Super Bowl party.
To be honest, I didn't really have a favorite team until I heard Drew Brees speak earlier in the day about his loving involvement with a child who is battling cancer. I was impressed and touched with all that he is doing for this young boy. I think it's wonderful that those with the ability to help others, share their blessings. It also just so happens that I have a fabulous fleur de lis sweater that  I bought just before Christmas from Lands' End. To continue with my love of fleur de lis, I also have a Miraposa bowl, tray and spreader in my beloved fleur de lis.

Each year we are asked to bring a dish to share that supports the area of your choice team. We made a few muffaletta sandwiches and a chicken creole dip. I thought our sandwiches needed to be dressed up a bit so I made fleur de lis picks that were placed in each slice. They were both very yummy!

I made a small "oops" and placed our dip on the wrong table ~ it was quickly moved to the correct teams table ;)

There was endless amounts of food, fun and friends!

The biggest surprise was the SAINTS winning play ~ Way to Go!
{It must have been all my fleur de lis support ;)}


Leave A Comment

15 comments:

Laura Trevey said...

Way to go Saints!!

Have a super week Jo!
xoxo Laura

Jessica Ryan said...

How could you not like a team who has Fleur de Lis as their emblem!!!

Love your sweater...

fleur de lis cottage said...

Well, I was cheering for the Colts because my husband used to live in Indy (and I like Peyton Manning). However, it was very hard for me, not support a team that has a fleur de lis on their helmets and uniforms ;-)

JMW said...

I love fleur de lis as well! It's also the symbol of Louisville, so I have it on a variety of things, from our door plaque, to serving untensils, a silver tray, jewelry you name it. Muffeletta sandwiches are wonderful - yum!

Henley on the Horn said...

You are simply adorable! I LOVe all of your dishes and your sweater too. GEAUX Saints!

carolinagirl said...

you looked so cute, and the sweater is perfect!

i was pulling for the saints! our best fiends from the navy live in LA...they actually lost their house in katrina! so sad!

bevy said...

Very glamorous food! And I love, love, love Mariposa. It is the best!

As for Drew Brees, check on this to see what a Godly man he is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0buCfbFuHw

Have a restful evening!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

You look great!! Your sweater was perfect....as was the dishes you chose to make!!

I was happy to see the Saints win......it was a great game:)

Have a good week!

xo,

Lisa

Eloise said...

What a darling sweater! I saw a man at church yesterday wearing bright green pants with gold fleur-de-lis embroidered on them. He also had on a navy blazer and a bow tie - quite dapper. I wish I'd had my camera.

I love your friends' idea of having guests bring food from the area of the team they support. I'm guessing the Saints food was a little more exciting than that of the Colts fans!

KK said...

I love your muffs, your fleur spreader and your wonderful spreader! I am not only a huge Saints fan but I also collect fleur-de-lis'--I need that sweater!

annechovie said...

How fun! You looked great in your fleur-de-lis sweater!

Draffin Bears said...

Love all your Fleur de Lis support and looks like a fun night.
Congratulations to the Saints!

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

You're so creative Jo! Sounds like you had fun!! My h.s. symbol was the fleur de lis...we were the saints :)

:) T

Lisa Porter said...

I agree how could you not love a team with a Fleur de Lis as their emblem.
Sounds like you had a fun evening.
Hope all is well with your family.
Lisa

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

New follower to your blog and so thrilled to find another Saints fan!!! XOXO Gotta love those fleur de lis! :)

Newer Posts Older Posts Home