Flower power

Monday, February 22, 2010 |
{click on picture to enlarge}
On Saturday we went to the Flower Show in Providence, Rhode Island. Just being in a room filled with fresh blooms, brilliant greens and landscapes created by artists was almost more than I could handle. I was ready to strip off my winter wardrobe and break out my Lily. Words simply cannot express how ready I am for SPRING. There were so many beautiful displays of gorgeous flowers and fantastic landscaping ideas. I took notes and pictures in hopes of introducing a few new scenes in our yard this year. I was also lucky enough to pick up a few treasures that I'll share with you all later.
The lighting was poor so my pictures are a tad yellow but, if you live in an area that is currently blanketed in white, it won't really matter since it's a color we haven't seen in months! :)

My favorites were the baby elephant created from plants and flowers as well as the bird bar. Their cocktails are martini glasses filled with birdseed ~ hilarious!

Just to keep me in check, we are due for a week of rain, sleet and finishing up with several inches of snow.

Oh Mother Nature, you certainly have a quirky sense of humor.


Leave A Comment

11 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Jo how beautiful! I am with you my friend. I am ready as well.

Thank you for your kind words on my weight loss. I am feeling so much better these past few months.
I'm very grateful.

Have a great week. ~Melissa :)

LuLu said...

I'm cheering for flower power... come on SPRING!!!
xo,
LuLu

Wanda said...

Oh my....Jo...thank you for that. How I long for my garden right about now. Your pictures hit the spot!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Jo,

What a beautiful flower show you went to ~ I love the photos.
I hope that Spring will come soon for you, you seem to have had enough snow now.

Enjoy your week
Hugs
Carolyn

theUngourmet said...

Spring is my most favorite time of year! I love all of the gorgeous flowers. I love the baby elephant too! Looks like a lot of fun!

JMW said...

What a great way to push back the winter blues! Can't wait for spring to get here. I'm so ready to start planting my pansies!

JMW said...

What a great way to push back the winter blues! Can't wait for spring to get here. I'm so ready to start planting my pansies!

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh, I cannot wait for Spring! I need the rain to stop and some sunshine. LOVE the flowers.

Kristin said...

That sounds fun.
Wishing spring all over your world.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

How beautiful!!! I cannot wait for our flower show.... we usually go every year:) Any signs of spring will do me wonders right now. More snow is on the way:(

Have a great week!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm so ready to garden. i can't wait. so many plans!!! spring hurry up!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home