Terrible Tuesday

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 |
What a NOT so great day!
I can't go into many (or any) details to due security reasons but, let's just say that today was one of my worse days in a very long time!
The short version is that my husband is many,many,many states away ready to board a boat for the summer. I got a message concerning his health. A very scary message, the one you always dread.
I was just about to go into a PPT for one of my students when I got the message. I didn't speak to him right away. In fact, I didn't actually speak to him for almost 7 hours after the message I received. Every possible horrible and horrifying thought went through my mind. I was ready to pack my bag "just in case". It was the most tense afternoon. I tried so hard to keep a smile on my face for my students but I was ready to burst into tears at any given moment!
Since I can't go into detail, I can only tell you that he is a little better for now. I'm not booking a flight(right away) but, I do have a direct phone number just in case. Being the person (true Navy guy) that he is, he is ready to board the ship!
And this is why I pray each and every night!
Please say a little extra prayer for him if you have a spare moment.
(I really appreciate it.)
Thank you,
Jo


Leave A Comment

8 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I will say a pray for him and YOU!
sandy toe

Rachel Berry said...

Oh no! Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for letting us know, when stuff like this happens I think every prayer counts.

Kacey said...

I can't imagine what it would be like to get a call like that. My heart and prayers go to both of you!!

Melissa Miller said...

Oh Jo my goodness I'm so sorry to hear this.
I do hope everything turns out just fine.

Please let me know if I or my husband can help you
with anything.
{amiller45@ec.rr.com}

I'm praying for you both. ~Melissa

CMB said...

Prayers to all of you...I grew up in a military family and watched my mom go through situations like this many times. So hard to feel so helpless, all of you military wives deserve some medals too!

Unknown said...

Prayers for you and your sweet hubby being said. May the Lord show favor for both of you....take care sweet friend~

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

OH goodness...I hope that everything is OK.

Anonymous said...

Prayers and positive thoughts for all of you. I'm sorry you are facing a difficult time.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home