Doing SO much better ~ thank you!

Sunday, June 7, 2009 |
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I am happy to say that my husband is on the mend {still in California} and almost pain free.
I am SO glad last week is over! I never want to go through one like it again ~ ever.
The tests showed a portion {several inches} of my husbands intestine was inflamed and enlarged which was causing his distress. The odd part is that when they did blood work the first time, his white cells were not elevated. When there is some form of infection within the body, this number rises. He had a very serious diverticulitis {sp} attack. At one point when I spoke with him, he was on morphine so he make so since at all. It was like trying to make sense of a small child that has just learned to speak. They also found out that he has Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever ~ this is a tick born disease. I'm not at all surprised by this one since we live in Connecticut and we are known for the infamous Lyme disease (Lyme CT is only 15minutes from our house.) My son and Bozley have had Lyme disease as well as half of our neighbors. Luckily, we have always caught it early.
Once they had a final diagnoses, they put him on two strong antibiotics and pain manager that begins with a V and makes him rest. He is feeling much better and is planning to carry on with the details of his summer.
The hardest part for me was having him so far away. I wasn't able to see him or be there for him.
I can't thank each of you enough for checking in, your emails, support and prayers.


Leave A Comment

17 comments:

CMB said...

Jo, so glad to hear that your husband is feeling better. Continued prayers for his full recovery, keep us posted.

Sue said...

Thanks for the update. At least you now know what the problem is & that it is treatable. Continued good thoughts from here.... Sue

sophiedahydesigns said...

Jo, We all have been praying for you! I just got in from out of town and checked for your update. Thanks for posting it. I hope you get him home soon!!

Lisa Porter said...

Thanks so much for the update. I know so many have been worried. Thank goodness they were able to pinpoint what was wrong so early. Hope you and the kids are doing ok & his recovery continues.
Lisa

Rachel Berry said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear he's on the mend! I have been thinking about you this weekend and was wondered how things were going. Thanks for the update & we will continue to keep you hubby & family in our prayers.

Petunia said...

Oh, I am so glad your hubby is going to be better. Just FYI--diverticulitis flares up every now and then, and often needs surgery to remove the affected part of the bowel to eventually completely resolve it.

Melissa Miller said...

I'm very glad to hear he is on the mend Jo.

Prayers are coming your way. ~ Melissa

Jessica Ryan said...

So glad to hear the great news. Glad that he is resting comfortably and assume that you can too now!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your husband is on the mend. Diagnosis, especially for tick born disease, seems like half the battle sometimes. Half my family has Lyme disease too, and the ticks have been worse this year than I've ever seen (we're on Cape Cod). You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

pve design said...

Jo,
Oh how awful, I had the same thing many years ago, and was in the hospital for 9 days with what they think was diverticulitis. It was painful and my kids were little so my Mom came to lend a hand.
Hope your husband can come home soon -
best-
pve

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

So glad to hear that he is doing better!! I can only imagine how you felt being so far away!

Keep us posted on his progress.....it sounds like he is in good hands.

Lisa

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Glad he's feeling better. I know you're relieved.

preppyinnewengland said...

Thank you fellow New Englander for stopping by. I just became a follower of your blog too! I understand what you have gone through completely. So glad what I read that he is feeling better.
Only brightness ahead now! Best!

Laura Trevey said...

Jo,

So sorry to hear about your husband... hope everything is turning around for the better...

xo Laura

Kristen said...

Wonderful news that he is feeling better. Glad you updated us and I hope he continues to improve!

Jeni said...

It's the 10th and I am just reading about all of this. I am so glad he is doing better...I can not imagine all that and so far apart! I am so glad for you that things are fine!

Georgia Girl said...

So glad to see your hubby is so much better! Weird thing is we have gone through the same thing with my hubby about two years ago he was in hospital and has a bad case of diverticuli....dr. said if he has another case again surgery would be needed well he had a case of it last week and they wanted to do surgery but you know men want to try without that...so on strong antibotics again.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home