Update

Thursday, June 4, 2009 |
I received a phone call in the early morning hours (my time) stating that my husband is in the hospital. He is hooked up to IVs and they are running tests. He had a CAT scan {sp?}
and they are awaiting the results.
I'm at odds as to what to do ~ should I fly out immediately? Or stay home and try to remain calm? By the time I actually get to him, all could be fine (this is my positive, glass is half full side coming through). I have a 16 and 18 year old at home ~ very good children I might add but I don't think teens should be left home alone. We don't have any family near us.
At this time, I'm going into school very early to make sure all my lesson plans are taken care of for the rest of the year ~ we have 14 days of school left. And I'll let my Principal know that I may need to leave. I'm also "looking into" flights.
My husbands words to me ~ there is no need to worry, I'll be fine. Thanks Kev! Unfortunately, I'm a little past not worrying at this point.
So, if you have a little free time in your day, I could really use a few positive thoughts and prayers sent our way!
Thanks a ton~
Jo


Leave A Comment

14 comments:

sophiedahydesigns said...

Jo, how terrifying! My heartfelt prayers are with you and your family!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh my word....I am so sorry, I just read your post from yesterday and now the update!! I will be praying for you and your family!! Please keep us posted on his condition!

Thinking of you during the difficult time,

Lisa

kate said...

Sending all good thoughts your way.
kate

Becki said...

My prayers are with you and your family. Keep strong and positive. You already have a head start with your "glass half full" attitude. Becki

Unknown said...

Just checking back in on y'all. I will keep praying for both of you. I pray that the Lord gives you wisdom and peace of mind in which direction to take. Take care~

Stacy said...

Thinking of you and hoping all will turn out well. Please please keep us updated!

~Stacy

Melissa Miller said...

I'm still thinking of you and praying my friend.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my gosh Jo, I will say a prayer for you and your husband right now. Please keep us posted. I can't imagine getting that kind of phone call and being torn between going to your husband and being with your kids. I am thinking of you!
Carrie

Sue said...

Thinking good thoughts and sending best wishes your way, Jo. I hope everything turns out alright. Sue

Jessica Ryan said...

Oh my gosh... I hope everything is OK... I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts... please keep us updated!

Lisa Porter said...

Jo,
Everything will be fine. We will keep you all in our prayers. I know from our visit the other day that you can be strong for him & for your kids. Wish i could be there to hold down the fort but all I can do is keep you close in my thought & prayers. Let us know.
XO Lisa

Anonymous said...

hoping everything is ok. keep us up to date. our prayers are with you.

Kristen said...

I'm thinking of you, hoping everything will be okay.

sophiedahydesigns said...

I have been checking your site praying for a positive update. You are in my prayers!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home