Busy week = lists

Monday, October 20, 2008 |
I live by my lists.
I can not function without some form of direction. I try to break down my week and accomplish at least one task each day.
Such as laundry one day, food shopping another and errands split up depending on the direction so that I'm not driving all over wasting time and gas.
Each week I make a master list with separate lists for each day of the week. What doesn't get accomplished in that day, gets placed on an unfinished list. This may sound over the top, but it works for me.
I do this simply to stay sane (definition not included). With my husbands constant travel schedule, I can't always depend on him so I've learned to do it all myself and if he happens to be around to lend a helping hand, it's an unexpected bonus!
We are having our annual Oktoberfest this weekend and this year it's all on me! My naval officer promises to be in town, but his arrival date is not known at this time so I can't really count on him to pick up any of the slack. I've been working on this for weeks. Over the weekend my daughter and I went on a "field trip" into nature (our backyard) to find the items needed for my entrance ~ pictures to follow later this week.
I finalized the menu last week, purchased all the candles, extra table wear items, pumpkins, gourds and mum, made and froze some of the appetizers, and hit the package store. This week is food shopping for the party as well as our weekly meals, not to mention thoroughly cleaning our home.
Oh yeah, almost forgot, it's also conference week at school.
I think I need to add extra vitamins to the list!


Leave A Comment

6 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I live by my lists too. Sometimes I just want to throw them out the window!
-Sandy Toes

Lori said...

I'm a list gal too, I just recently did a similar post! :) We just have to do what keeps us sane!
Good luck with the Oktoberfest, I can't wait to see pictures!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Good for you if the lists work for you...sounds like they do! Good luck with Oktoberfest! I'm sure it will be a big success!
Carrie

Kristen said...

I'm a list maker too - I don't always follow them, but it at least helps to get things out of my cluttered thoughts and straighted on paper!

Betsy said...

I have lists in every room in my house. List of today's to do's, lists of ideas, lists of presents, lists of goals, lists of groceries, lists everywhere.

Coco said...

Your week sounds crazy but fun!
Can't wait to see the pics.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home