Signs of autumn

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 |


We have a sweet farm not far from our home that is offering the most beautiful pumpkins and mums this year. I went overboard this year. We have pumpkins and gourds inside our home in almost every room. I bought a few large pumpkins for carving into jack~o~lanterns, and a medium one for our traditional stew in a pumpkin that I make every Halloween. I even have them outside our home in our window boxes, along the buildup on our patio, and I'm using a few for the table during our party.There are two gorgeous yellow mums at the front entrance of our home. They will stay there until Thanksgiving.
I love the fact that I can use these decorations for two holidays. This is how I justified my over indulgence.
Natures beauty doesn't get much better than this!
Posted by Picasa


Leave A Comment

2 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

How beautiful! I love mums..they are so pretty and colorful!
-Sandy toes

Stacy said...

Isn't it gorgeous? Love autumn. Especially here in New England. But, then, I haven't really been anywhere else! LOL.

~Stacy

Newer Posts Older Posts Home