Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Saturday, January 17, 2009 |

It is freezing (literally) here on the east coast.
We awoke to -8 degrees this morning. I'm not complaining, really. The sun it out and it is gorgeous ~ the snow is glistening, the ice sickles are sparkling and the trees are standing tall in the background.
I'm originally from Michigan so I'm not afraid of the cold. In fact, we use to do snow prayers when my brother and I were little just so we would have enough snow all winter long to ski, snow mobile and ice skate at our cottage.
My son's philosophy is that if there is no snow on the ground, it's a waste of a perfectly good winter! He loves to ski and snow mobile.
~Please enjoy a giggle with me as he chose to attend college in North Carolina and not Vermont!~
My daughter on the other hand likes to point out that her wardrobe (and her father's credit card) require snow in order to wear her winter sweaters and not look ridiculous. Hmmm, I wonder where she gets this from? Must be someone on my husband's side of the family :)
Regardless, I'm enjoying the beautiful snow and chilly day!
It's girls night in our home tonight.
My husband is going out to an event with some of the guys he works with and my daughter and I are treating ourselves to spa treatments at home ~ manicures, facials and girly food. We are also watching some over the top girl movie that would send my husband running from the family room. We are taking full advantage of no males in our home for an entire evening!
Enjoy your weekend!


Leave A Comment

7 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That sounds wonderful! (The girls' night, I mean). I hope you have a great time! :)
Carrie

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a fun weekend!!! Enjoy!!!
-sandy toe

Anonymous said...

Snow and cold are beautiful when you are snug and warm in your house!

Enjoy your night with your daughter...sounds fun :-)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sounds like a great girls night....Enjoy:)

Lisa

fleur de lis cottage said...

I hope you enjoyed your girly weekend. My daughter and I did the same, as the boys were out and about. I did share a giggle with you on the comment about your son's college choice :)

Rue said...

Hi Jo :)

That sounds like a great time! It's nice to know someone else enjoys winter ;)

rue

Anonymous said...

Please send me the original file of your snow pic! it's sooooo beautiful ! I want to see it bigger !

Newer Posts Older Posts Home