Thankful Thursday

Thursday, January 8, 2009 |
As I was going about my normal routine this morning, it struck me how lucky I am.
In these times of uncertainty, I have so much to be thankful for. We have a lovely home, healthy food in our refrigerator and on our pantry shelves, clothes that keep us warm against the cold winter winds(and as fashionable as a "mom" can be in the eyes of her teenagers), our health, wonderful family and friends that go above and beyond, and jobs we enjoy. In my book, this constitutes being rich!
This is only a brief list as I'm only on my first cup of coffee. I don't know about you, but I often feel as though I'm rushing off to jump the next hurdle in life in order to get ahead. For me, I need to stop more often and realize just how fortunate I am and enjoy being where I am at the time.


Leave A Comment

5 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

You do have a lot to be thankful for!
I love your new header..looks great!
-sandy toe

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Perfectly said my friend....we all need to stop and smell the roses a little more!!

Have a great day!

Lisa

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Amen...I'm working really hard to do a better job of stopping to smell the roses!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Amen!! Thanks for this, Jo. I am always looking forward, too, and I need to just "be" where I am more often.

Thank you for asking about the house, too! I have been meaning to blog about it...someone else bought the house, and I think they are fixing and flipping it, which bums me out because we would have made it into a home! But I am choosing to believe that there is another home out there for us, at the right time. And it is kind of a relief not to have my house on the market since I am so close to having this baby! I will have to mention the house update on my blog...

Also thanks for the comments about my daughter's sleep! I do need to be consistent, and it is so good to have a reminder of that!

OK, enough for one night! :)
Carrie

Kacey said...

I agree....perfectly said! I need to do this more often also!

P.S. I hope you all are feeling better from the stomach flu! Not a fun way to start off the New Year!

Newer Posts Older Posts Home