Thinking of a Change

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 |



After school tomorrow I'm going for my regularly (more on that in a moment) scheduled hair appointment. It's actually a real treat and something I look forward to each time I go. For the past 15 years, I've gone to an Aveda Concept Salon where ever I've lived. Depending on where you live, they may be difficult to find which was true for me when we moved to Connecticut. The woman who cuts and colors my hair is fabulous! I absolutely love her and the miracles she performs on my hair. She always knows just what I want even when I am not sure myself. One of the perks of going to an Aveda salon is the head, neck and shoulder massage ~ Aaahhhh .... It is just what I need and what I always look forward to. Once she was very behind schedule and after apologizing profusely, gave me an extra long massage ~ feel free to run behind any time!
As mentioned above, this is a regularly scheduled appointment because of my grandmother ~ yes, I'm blaming her! She is a lovely women and I've inherited many wonderful traits from her bright spirit. I am also the lucky recipient of a certain color of hair that is closely related to the color of white ~ I really don't like to talk about it. They started making an appearance a few years ago and seems to be growing in numbers. Since I'm only 29 (plus a few more ;) years of age, I am not ready to embrace these unwelcome visitors just yet. So, with that secret out, I now need to decide if I want to stay with more of my natural brown with lighter brown/golden highlights or go back to a blonder/soft white highlights to hide my little imperfections.
About a year and a half ago, I went back to brown but I'm thinking I might like a little "pick me up" color change. The picture above was taken just before Nicholas went back to school and shows my current color.
Opinions? I'm open to them.
Thanks,
Jo


Leave A Comment

11 comments:

Petunia said...

I think that blonde highlights would look very pretty with your skin tone and eyes!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I think you are very pretty with that color...sandy toe

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I love the color in this picture, but if you are anything like me, and I sense that you are....you like to change things up!! I think the blonde highlights would look great!! I went dark in the fall, and then I put some light highlights in the front...next week I am going back and I think I am putting some dark back in.....It is never ending.....My husband never knows what to expect when I walk through the door!!

Make sure you take before and after pics....good luck:)

Lisa

Carolina Mama said...

You look great! I think either way will look great. FYI I am partial to blonde just because it works for me. i am fair and blue eyed and have always been blonde. However, a year ago I when dark brown and it was pretty and just as much maintenance as blonde. I went back to blonde after 7 months and everyone tells me they prefer it and that it 'matches my skin.' Who knew. Let us know! And yes, before and after pics are fun. I'd say go for the blonde.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I think your color in the photo is so pretty. If you do change it, I am always partial to lighter highlights. I myself have some, ah, unnaturally blond highlights, and it makes me feel so much better in the yucky winter months! :)
Carrie

Kristen said...

I like the color you have now, but I'm in a change it up mood myself - so I say do something different and go with the blonde highlights! Can't wait to see the after pics!

Anonymous said...

I do like your color now! You are beautiful!!

I went from having light blonde hair to a dark blonde/brown with highlights. I am happier with this color than I have been in years! So...I get the needing a change thing...and highlights brighten up a face and take the years off :-)

Coco said...

I just did a "gloss" and love it! It is my natural color with a little kick.

Talk to your lady about it. It looks great.

Unknown said...

I like that color, it suits you very well.

Unknown said...

I love your cut and color that you have now. Cant wait to see your new look. I would love to go a bit lighter but my hair is so dark Im not sure it would look that great. Good luck with the new you!

Jeni said...

Have fun! I too think you look very pretty now. You will have to show us what ever you do.

Newer Posts Older Posts Home